– This event is a production of Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University.
– An RSVP here does not count as an RSVP for the open house.
– You must follow the instructions below to RSVP officially.
– Tours run continually from 8:30 am until 10:30 am.
– You will receive driving directions and other details by email from Yerkes no later than several days prior to the open house.
– Please direct all questions you have about this event or about your RSVP to [masked].
Yerkes Research Center Field Station Open House – Spring 2017
Yerkes National Primate Research Center of Emory University has cordially invited members of the Atlanta Science Tavern to their fall open house for their Field Station in Lawrenceville the morning of Saturday, May 6.
The first tour group will depart at 8:30 am and the last one at 10:30 am. Tours run continually.
Mandatory RSVP instructions
To RSVP you must send an email to [masked] by Wednesday, October 12 with all of the following:
1) FSOH in subject;
2) First and last name of each person in your group;
3) Ages of those 17 and younger;
4) Email address;
5) Phone number; and
6) “Atlanta Science Tavern” as your affiliation with Yerkes.
Be patient, it may take some time for you to receive a confirmation of your email. You will receive driving directions and other details from Yerkes several days prior to the event.
Email [masked] with any questions regarding the status of your RSVP.
• Children 1 year old or older are welcome. Those ages 1 to 4 must be in strollers.
• Parking is limited, so please carpool.
• Wear closed-toe shoes.
• Photography is prohibited.
Yerkes appreciates donations of empty paper towel and toilet paper rolls, phone books and unopened boxes of plain Cheerios, Corn Flakes and Rice Krispies cereals, all of which they give to the animals as part of their enrichment program.
Yerkes asks that you also consider making a financial donation to the Yerkes Research Center, which will support their research to discover causes, preventions, treatments and cures. You can make an online donation here.